Links & Resources
Discover all things natural, green and good.
A Modern Herbal
- www.botanical.com/ botanical/mgmh/mgmh.html
- A Modern Herbal, first published in 1931, by Mrs. M. Grieve, contains Medicinal, Culinary, Cosmetic and Economic Properties, Cultivation and Folk-Lore of Herbs.
Susan Wittig Albert
- Austin-based author and Herb Lover. writer of the China Bayles Mysteries.
American Botanical Council
- International nonprofit providing science-based information to promote herbal medicine. Located in Austin.
Austin Chapter of Native Plant Society of Texas
- Conservation, research and utilization of the native plants and plant habitats of Texas.
The Blackwood Educational Land Institute
- A non-profit learning environment that encourages accountable living in cooperation with nature, Hempstead, TX.
The Dirt Doctor
- Author Howard Garrett’s online monthly magazine on natural organic gardening.
The Herb Society of America
- National organization that promotes the knowledge, use and delight of herbs.
- A bimonthly publication about how to garden successfully in Texas while having a positive impact on the environment.
KLRU’s Central Texas Gardener
- A public television show that showcases Central Texas gardens and highlights area experts. Tom Spencer hosts. Runs 12:00 noon on KLRU in Austin.
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- An education-based garden in Austin, Texas, dedicated to native plants. A recent addition to the University of Texas.
Malcolm Beck’s Garden
- Austin gardener, author and entrepreneur. Personal website.
- The Greenthumb Hour - 8am
- Gardening Naturally - 9am
- The Austin Gardener - 10am
Selah, Bamberger Ranch Preserve
- A 5,500 acre ranch demonstrating a successful habitat restoration project. Impressive tours.
The Scent Garden
- Part of the Texas Discovery Gardens, the first public garden in the state to be certified 100% organic.
Texas A & M, Aggie Horticulture
- Largest information server containing files related to teaching, research, extension and public service.
Travis County Master Gardeners
- An educational, non-profit service organization which renders non-biased, sound horticultural information to the community.
Zilker Botanical Gardens
- Free public garden located in the heart of Austin. Part of Austin Parks and Recreation Department.
Want to share a favorite herbal link?
Send your ideas and contributions to AHS President. ONLY educational links listed. For herb-related business listings, visit our Sponsor page.
Austin Herb Society
is dedicated to educating members and the community about herbs, including propagation, landscaping, history, folklore, and culinary, medicinal, and decorative uses of herbs.
AHS MEETS AT:
Zilker Botanical Garden
2220 Barton Spgs Rd.
Austin, TX 78746
Austin Area Garden Councill
Provide education and encourage the cultivation and use of herbs for their beneficial purposes: medicinal, culinary, aromatic, as well as landscaping. Provide charitable and volunteer support to our non-profit community and community projects.
The Austin Herb Society, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) member- supported, nonprofit operating under the umbrella of the Austin Area Garden Council.