Links & Resources
Discover all things natural, green and good.
A Modern Herbal
- www.botanical.com/ botanical/mgmh/mgmh.html
- A Modern Herbal, first published in 1931, by Mrs. M. Grieve, contains Medicinal, Culinary, Cosmetic and Economic Properties, Cultivation and Folk-Lore of Herbs.
Susan Wittig Albert
- Austin-based author and Herb Lover. writer of the China Bayles Mysteries.
American Botanical Council
- International nonprofit providing science-based information to promote herbal medicine. Located in Austin.
Austin Chapter of Native Plant Society of Texas
- Conservation, research and utilization of the native plants and plant habitats of Texas.
The Blackwood Educational Land Institute
- A non-profit learning environment that encourages accountable living in cooperation with nature, Hempstead, TX.
The Dirt Doctor
- Author Howard Garrett’s online monthly magazine on natural organic gardening.
The Herb Society of America
- National organization that promotes the knowledge, use and delight of herbs.
- A bimonthly publication about how to garden successfully in Texas while having a positive impact on the environment.
KLRU’s Central Texas Gardener
- A public television show that showcases Central Texas gardens and highlights area experts. Tom Spencer hosts. Runs 12:00 noon on KLRU in Austin.
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- An education-based garden in Austin, Texas, dedicated to native plants. A recent addition to the University of Texas.
Malcolm Beck’s Garden
- Austin gardener, author and entrepreneur. Personal website.
- The Greenthumb Hour - 8am
- Gardening Naturally - 9am
- The Austin Gardener - 10am
Selah, Bamberger Ranch Preserve
- A 5,500 acre ranch demonstrating a successful habitat restoration project. Impressive tours.
The Scent Garden
- Part of the Texas Discovery Gardens, the first public garden in the state to be certified 100% organic.
Texas A & M, Aggie Horticulture
- Largest information server containing files related to teaching, research, extension and public service.
Travis County Master Gardeners
- An educational, non-profit service organization which renders non-biased, sound horticultural information to the community.
Zilker Botanical Gardens
- Free public garden located in the heart of Austin. Part of Austin Parks and Recreation Department.
Want to share a favorite herbal link?
Send your ideas and contributions to AHS President. ONLY educational links listed. For herb-related business listings, visit our Sponsor page.
AHS MEETS AT:
Provide education and encourage the cultivation and use of herbs for their beneficial purposes: medicinal, culinary, aromatic, as well as landscaping. Provide charitable and volunteer support to our non-profit community and community projects.
The Austin Herb Society, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) member- supported, nonprofit operating under the umbrella of the Austin Area Garden Council.